Principles of Power Electronics by J. G. Kassakian, M. F. Schlecht, and G. C. Verghese, Addison-Wesley, 1991 (MIT source and paperback version in QMUL library).
Chapter: Introduction to Power Electronics in Electric Machinery Fundamentals by S. J. Chapman, McGraw-Hill, 5th Edition, 2011 (short but very easy to read, paperback version in QMUL library)
- Online Power Electronic course by Dr Firuz Zare.
- Electric Machinery Fundamentals by S. J. Chapman, McGraw-Hill, 5th Edition, 2011 (classic textbook, paperback version in QMUL library)
Electronic Feedback Systems by Prof. Roberge gave at MIT in 1985. Excellent video lectures if you are new to control systems.
Energy and Renewables
Sustainable Energy – Without the Hot Air, by David JC Mackay, 2008.
Energy by Vaclav Smil, 2006.
Every researcher must know these!
- How to Have a Bad Career in Research/Academia (Patterson , Kozyrakis )
- How to read papers (1 , 2) and how to review them
- Writing a good abstract and introduction
- How to do great research
- What to do at scientific conferences?
- Can you trust your experimental results?
- Networking on the Network: A Guide to Professional Skills for PhD Students
- How to write a killer cover letter for a postdoctoral application