- Aged Lithium-Ion Batteries as Low-Cost Solution to Rural Micro Grids (PI, Global Challenge Research Fund)
- Enhancing the lifespan of Li-ion Battery Packs integrated with a novel bi-directional charger and control system (PI, EPSRC institutional funding)
- Design of more efficient dc-dc converters acting as bi-directional charger for aged Vehicular Li-ion battery packs (PI, GCRF institutional funding)
- Onboard calibration of IC engines for harmful particulate reduction in land vehicles (PI, GCRF institutional funding)
- Wireless energy management in home environment using IoT and situational awareness (PI, GCRF institutional funding)
Current Research Students
- Ms Najmeh Rezaei (Project: Novel control approach for high-switching WBG converters, co-advised by Akram Alomainy and Clive Parini), funded by QMUL PhD studentship.
- Mr Amir Alavi (Project: Cyber situational awareness for home energy management), funded by QMUL EECS PhD scholarship.
- Ms Xiaomaio Li (Project: Stability analysis of fuzzy polynomial positive systems with time delay using Lyapunov approach), funded by CSC.
- Ms Komal Saleem (Project: Energy storage system interface for V2G application), funded by HEC.
- Mr Aamir Munir (Project: Onboard calibration of Internal-combustion SI engines for emission reduction), funded by HEC.
- Rana Massoud (Project: Eco-friendly vehicular naturalistic sensing and driving behavior profiling), based in University of Genova, Italy, co-advised by Stefan Poslad and Francesco Bellotti (UNIGE).
- Modelling and control of vehicular battery packs
- Cyber situational awareness
- Wireless home energy management
- Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy model-based Control
- Scalable Lyapunov functions for stability of networked Systems
- Nonlinear dynamics of power electronics circuits.
- Multi-Sensory data fusion for emission reduction
- LPEGR (Optimisation and control of EGR system on IC engines, Industrial grant by Jaguar Land Rover (PI, £120K)
- New Control Methodology for the Next Generation of Engine Management Systems, EPSRC (Research Fellow)
- Commercialization grant of GaN µLED array for optogenetics, (CI, BBSRC, £350K)
- Embedded Control Software for OptoStim (PI, KTA, £48K)
- OptoNeuro (Research Associate)
- T-S Fuzzy Approach for Modelling, Analysis and Design of Non-smooth Dynamical systems (PhD student)
IEEE (Energy conversion, sustainable energy, fuzzy systems, CASI-II, mechatronics), Elsevier journals including Electric Power System Research (Elsevier), IET journals including IET Power Electronics, International Journal of Control, MDPI (Energies), Springer journals, ASME journals.
- Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
- Control System Center, School of EEE, University of Manchester, UK
- Warwick Manufacturing Group, University of Warwick, UK
- Department of Informatics, King’s College London, UK
- Engineering and Desing, University of Sussex
- Niroo Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
- University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- US-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USAID Funded), Pakistan