- Enhancing the lifespan of Li-ion Battery Packs integrated with a novel bi-directional charger and control system (PI, EPSRC pump-priming, 10K)
- Design of more efficient dc-dc converters acting as bidirectional charger for aged Vehicular Li-ion battery packs (PI, GCRF pump-priming, 20K)
- Novel low-cost hybrid engines by adopting micro-gas turbine engines (Collaboration with SEMS, co-PI, GCRF pump-priming, 20K)
- Onboard calibration of IC engines for harmful particulate reduction in land vehicles (PI, GCRF pump-priming, 20K)
- Energy management in home environment using wireless/antenna technologies, and IoT (PI, GCRF pump-priming, 20K)
Current Research Students
- Ms Najmeh Rezaei (Novel control approach for high-switching WBG converters, co-advised by Akram Alomainy and Clive Parini, funded by QMUL PhD studentship)
- Atif Sohail Abed (Novel Control methodologies for emission reduction in IC engines, funded by HEC Pakistan-QMUL scholarship)
Theoretical Research Interests
- Takagi-Sugeno Fuzzy Model-Based Control
- Scalable and Max-Separable Lyapunov Functions for Stability of Networked Systems
- Bifurcation Theory of Power Electronics Circuits.
- Control Theory and Methodologies like MPC.
- Deep learning and Bayesian networks.
- Multi-Sensory Data Fusion
- LPEGR (Optimisation and control of EGR system on IC engines, Industrial grant by Jaguar Land Rover (PI, £120K)
- New Control Methodology for the Next Generation of Engine Management Systems, EPSRC (Research Fellow)
- Commercialization grant of GaN µLED array for optogenetics, (CI, BBSRC, £350K)
- Embedded Control Software for OptoStim (PI, KTA, £48K)
- OptoNeuro (Research Associate)
- T-S Fuzzy Approach for Modelling, Analysis and Design of Non-smooth Dynamical systems (PhD student)
IEEE (Energy conversion, sustainable energy, fuzzy systems, CASI-II, mechatronics), Elsevier journals including Electric Power System Research (Elsevier), IET journals including IET Power Electronics, International Journal of Control, MDPI (Energies), Springer journals, ASME journals.
- Control System Center, School of EEE, University of Manchester, UK
- Warwick Manufacturing Group, University of Warwick, UK
- Department of Informatics, King’s College London
- Engineering and Desing, University of Sussex
- Niroo Research Institute, Tehran, Iran
- University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- US-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USAID Funded), Pakistan